Hands-on experience is a key component to achieving academic and career success. To prepare themselves to lead and succeed in the 21st-century classroom, our teacher candidates complete placements at local and elementary schools with our partner school boards.
Placements are arranged by Ron McKelvey, Practicum Manager, in our partner school boards:
- Durham Catholic District School Board
- Durham District School Board
- Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board
- Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Toronto District School Board
- York Catholic District School Board
- York Region District School Board
Please note: Placements are restricted to schools within our partner school boards listed above - no exceptions.
Field placements - 16-month Consecutive Bachelor of Education students:
All 16-month Consecutive Bachelor of Education (BEd) students take part in several field experience placements, which will provide them with a minimum of 80 days of first-hand experience. Under the supervision of an experienced practicing teacher, they will gradually acquire responsibility for teaching classes.
- Primary/Junior: Placements in both a Primary and a Junior classroom.
- Intermediate/Senior: Placements in Intermediate (grades 7 to 10) and Senior (grades 11 and 12) classrooms.
Field Experience Handbook
The Field Experience Handbook contains guidelines, expectations, policies and other important details about placements. Students should review the handbook and familiarize themselves with its contents.
- View the 2016-2017 Field Experience Handbook
(Note: The 2017-2018 version of the Field Experience Handbook will be posted in Summer 2017)