Advantages of a BA in ESDT (ECS specialization)
Here are some of the advantages of the Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Educational Studies and Digital Technology (ESDT) - Early Childhood Studies (ECS) specialization:
- Affords careers in human resources management and training in the industrial, commercial and various other sectors.
- Capitalizes on the recent success of Pathway programs, allowing qualified students to obtain both a college diploma and a university degree, while simultaneously decreasing the time required for completion.
- Enhances qualifications for individuals applying to positions that require an undergraduate degree.
- Independent curriculum and/or instructional design for physically co-located and online environments.
- Leverages the potential of digital technology affordances in early years education contexts.
- Provides alternatives for those who are interested in kindergarten to Grade 12 education employment opportunities, but who are frustrated by the current lack of opportunities.
Career opportunities include:
- Aboriginal child care programs
- Before and after school programs
- Child care centres
- Early intervention programs
- Home child care
- Ontario Early Years Centres, Parenting and Family Literacy Centres, and other parenting programs
- Kindergarten and primary classrooms as assistants
- Nursery and preschool programs
- Recreational programs