Religious Education - Part 2 AQ
Course code: EDAQ 6802C
Format: face-to-face; summer only
The aim of this course is to provide you with an opportunity to deepen and grow in Christian faith and to appropriate its meaning in your life as an educator within a Catholic context.
This course is designed to build on and extend the depth and breadth of your understanding of the scriptures and tradition of the Catholic Church as it informs Catholic Education. It offers the opportunity to:
- Acquire theological background, religious literacy and pedagogical skills for the teaching of Religious Education and Family Life Education at the elementary and secondary level.
- Gain theological background and pedagogical skills for the integration of Gospel Values across the curriculum at the elementary and secondary levels.
- Reflect, in an adult context, on the significance of faith and faith growth for yourself and your students.
The very nature of the course provides the opportunity to become familiar with and understand the challenges and opportunities technology brings to education and faith formation. You are encouraged to grow in your understanding and appreciation of the unique culture and tradition of Catholic Schools.
The program is divided into four instructional modules:
- Christian Morality and Ethics
- Church and Sacrament
- Faith and Education
- Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) Certificate of Qualification.
- Successful completion of Religious Education - Part 1.
- Proof that the qualification is noted on their Ontario College of Teachers' Certificate of Qualification.
- Evidence of at least one year of successful teaching experience in Ontario certified by the appropriate supervisory officer or proof of at least one year of successful teaching experience outside Ontario certified by the appropriate supervisory officer by submitting a Certificate of Teaching Experience.