Religious Education - Part 1 AQ
Course code: EDAQ 6800C
Format: face-to-face; summer only
Religious Education—Part I promotes the professional growth and religious literacy of teachers. The program:
- Assists teachers in their ongoing commitment to religious formation and learning.
- Builds faith communities .through personal and communal renewal.
- Develops skills that enhance school programs and student learning in Catholic schools.
- Fosters professional knowledge in the field of religious education.
- Integrates teaching practice into religious knowledge.
The course is designed for teachers who will teach in the English language Catholic school boards. It is open to all elementary and secondary school teachers who have a basic qualification in general studies or technological studies. This course will extend the depth and breadth of your understanding of sacred scriptures and church traditions as it informs Catholic education.
- Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) Certificate of Qualification.