Science General (Intermediate) ABQ
Course code: EDAQ 5300C
Science General (Intermediate) is a prerequisite for teaching science and technology in grades 7 to 10. It serves a diverse group of previously qualified teachers. You must have a background in this area and be a teacher who is:
- New to the Ontario school system;
- Making divisional changes;
- Planning to move into administrative positions; and
- Interested in engaging in ongoing professional learning.
Critical to the delivery of intermediate division subjects is the ability of teachers to ensure positive learning experiences for students. Teachers are skilled at combining their knowledge of adolescent development and learning with their understanding of subject matter to facilitate active student engagement.
See the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) guidelines for more details about the course.
- OCT Certificate of Qualification; and
- An acceptable university degree.