Philosophy (Senior) - ABQ
Course code: EDAQ 5420C
This course is open to candidates who meet the entry requirements identified in Regulation 184/97. Successful completion of the course enables you to receive the ABQ: Philosophy, Senior division.
The purpose of the course is to extend your skills and knowledge for teaching, both generally at the senior level and specifically in the subject of philosophy in the senior division (grades 11 and 12).
Critical to the implementation of this course is the creation of positive learning experiences that reflect care, professional knowledge, ethical practice, leadership and ongoing learning.
Philosophy-specific teaching expectations include understanding:
- How to construct and critique an argument;
- How to read a philosophical text;
- Key terms and concepts related to philosophical inquiry;
- The differences between philosophical methods and purposes and those of cognate subject disciplines; and
- The main ideas of famous philosophers.
- Completion of two full university degree credit courses in Humanities (e.g., Philosophy, Women's Studies, Classical Studies and Religion); and
- You are required to submit an official transcript for review and assessment.