The Faculty of Education is currently recruiting for the following position:
Tenure Track Faculty – Health, Physical Education and Wellness (UOIT13- 73)
The Faculty of Education at UOIT invites applications for a tenure track position in the area of Health, Physical Education and Wellness. This position to commence on July 1, 2013 in our Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Arts in Adult Education and Digital Technologies (BA AEDT) and graduate programs. Position is subject to budgetary approval.
Preferred candidates will have a PhD in education and demonstrated excellence in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Preference will be given to those with specialist qualifications in the area of Health and Physical Education, Wellness and with experience teaching in Online Learning environments. The successful candidate will be expected to teach 4 standard courses or equivalent a year.
Duties will include:
- A demonstrated research agenda focused on school-based partnerships in health education
- Teaching duties that may extend through BEd, Graduate and/or BA AEDT courses
- Development of an ongoing partnership with the Faculty of Health Sciences via concurrent kinesiology programs, promotion and development of cross-faculty courses in health education at the undergrad and graduate levels
- Demonstrated record of teaching innovation and excellent teaching evaluations
- Commitment to service in the Faculty of Education
- Experience in supervision or co-supervision of graduate students
- Evidence of successful teaching in online learning environments
- Experience in knowledge mobilization through conference presentations
- Development of new and leading edge digital tools in health education for 21C K-12 schools
- Develop connections to expand health education across professions related to the health sciences
In keeping with our technology-enhanced learning environment utilizing laptop computers and wireless connectivity, strong computer skills are essential, and experience with Blackboard is an asset. In addition the use of a wide range of mobile devices such as Smartphones and tablets (iPads, Galaxy, etc.), may be used, therefore favouring the development of a truly mobile learning culture.
Applications will be accepted until April 26, 2013 or until a suitable candidate is found. Applicants should submit in electronic format a covering letter indicating the above competition number; their resume; a statement of teaching philosophy and interests; evidence of teaching effectiveness; and the names of three referees to email@example.com.
UOIT is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.